Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My sister Cathy emigrated to Canada a long time ago - 1967 to be exact - anyway both she and her husband of 40+ years are coming to Manchester for a holiday in May of this year.

I know for a fact that Cathy hates flying which is one of the reasons why she has been back home so little. They are staying in a hotel/apartment in Manchester City centre - not my choice for sure - especially as they are used to driving on the wrong side of the road (come on let's have it right :-) ).

Anyway while working on my Urmston Manchester.com website yesterday I came across a page of info that may be of use to lots of people locally as well as visitors to our shores.

My thinking was that as the decision of where to stay had already been made i.e. City Centre, then they should really take advantage of the superb metro/train service that will be available to them.

I'm sure that commuters who use the Metrolink service already will know much of this, but for people like myself who only use it now and again I'm sure it has some value.

To cut to the chase, the page that I found has some really useful links. 

You can for example download maps of every single Metrolink Tram Station including all the surrounding streets, should you need them, plus there are details about special fares and facilities for car and bike parking etc.

I wont duplicate all the details here but if you are interested in the Metrolink for some special travel project that you have coming up then I hope you find it useful.


As I mentioned already, Cathy is not a great flier so I suspect this could be her last visit home.

None of us are getting younger and, my, how the time flies.

Keeping with the North American theme - Ya'll have a nice day now!

No comments: