Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hi

Well I know I said that time flies but this is ridiculous.... my last posting on this blog was about the passing of my dear friend Babs which was posted on

Thursday, October 18, 2007 ....

errr... can that really be over 4 years ago?

This is just a quick post to re-open the Urmston Scene blog and to tell you about a web site I am currently working on that is mainly pictorial in nature and is of course related to Urmston, Flixton, Davyhulme, Stretford and the Salford Quays.

The pictures are free for anyone to download and use for whatever purpose they would like and are of a decent file size. A reference to my site would be great if you do happen to use them but I'm not making it a compulsory condition.

I included Salford Quays almost as an after-though, only because I worked at the Dock Office during the 1970's.

I thought about the thousands of other people who used to work on or around the busy docklands during that time and before and realised that they might be interested too.

It's strange isn't it, what memories bubble to the surface once you start work on a project.... turns out that I have more memories of Salford Docks than I thought I had.

Anyway my plan is to report here regularly from now on with updates of the new Urmston site.

You can find it at www.urmstonmanchester.com

The camera that I was using at the start of www.urmstonmanchester.com actually jammed about 3 weeks ago while I was taking some photos of the wonderful 7 sisters copper beech tree in the gardens of Flixton House so I have had to buy a new camera to continue my project.

The original camera was a Nikon D40 which had given me stirling service for nearly 4 years.

I have replaced it with a Nikon D300s.

It has more buttons than you could shake a stick at, so I'm struggling at the moment ,trying to to get accustomed to using it.

The new pictures of the Seven Sisters copper beech tree will be uploaded in the next day or two but in case you're wondering seven sisters who? You can find them on the above links.

Many thanks



No comments: