Monday, March 26, 2012

Hi People

Just a quick note to say that last week I took some really nice shots down at Irlam Locks. I worked at the Manchester Ship Canal Company for nearly 13 years so I found it very interesting if not a little sad.

Anyway I arrived just before sunset and it was an absolutely beautiful evening. I will be publishing a lot of these pictures on my Urmston Manchester web site in the coming weeks.

While I was there it brought back memories of an old school chum Brian Hillier who was sadly killed in the Bob's Lane Ferry disaster of 1970. Poor Brian was only 18 years old and had his whole life to look forward to.

Yesterday I went to the Classic Car Show held at the Event City across from the Trafford Centre. I believe it was only its second year but it was phenomenal. Funny thing is I'm not really a car fan as such (don't even own one any more) but these babies are a work of art and you cannot help but appreciate the skill and engineering know how that goes into producing such beautiful cars.


No comments: