Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stretford Cemetery - What A Beautiful Place

Well having finally managed to get on top of the new right hand navigation menu on my
Urmston Manchester.com website I can now concentrate on bringing the whole sit up to date.

I'm currently running about a month behind and playing catch up is pretty tough because it's taking me the best part of a week to create and upload a week in pictures.

However yesterday I took advantage of the great weather and got up and out early to take more pictures for the period covering April.

In the morning I went to Longford Park which I haven't been to for ages and then to Stretford Cemetery which I have neve,r ever been to (shame on me).

Of course the first time in years that I decide to go to Longford Park and it's the day after the Manchester Marathon - and for sure the park definitely had that 'The Morning After The Night Before' kind of look.

Stretford cemetery - what can I say - absolutely beautiful - I can't believe that I've lived in the area all my life and I've never ever been there.

My congratulations go to all concerned with the welfare and maintenance of this lovely cemetery.

I took lots of pictures including a timed interval sequence of shots of the clouds scuttling across the sky which I will turn into a You Tube video asap.

In the meantime here is a short video of scenes from Urmston Manchester.com



1 comment:

Loria said...

That is an exceptionally beautiful photo collection you got there. You’re so lucky to be living in a place surrounded by striking scenery. I’ve seen photos of Stretford cemetery; it’s very clean, and you can see that it’s properly maintained. It’d be an awesome experience to be able to visit there. :)

- Loria Schleiff